Ethica started life as a shop in Plymouth, created by three dedicated vegans - Elaine, Amelia and Mike – to try and help make the growing number of vegan products more easily accessible and bring them into the mainstream.
When Mike and Amelia were at university in Plymouth they found it difficult to get good vegan friendly products in the city, despite their growing popularity. After talking ideas through with Elaine (Mike's mum, who had just relocated to Plymouth) we decided to try opening our own shop in the city. We didn't really have much of an idea what the response would be; we just picked products that we liked and hoped everyone else would too!
The shop opened in June 2014 and we were amazed by the great feedback we had from people. We've been promising to launch an online store for almost the past 2 years, so here it finally is - better late than never!
This is the starting point for our online store; we'll soon be taking on a new storage facility that will allow us to add loads more products, including chilled & frozen, and skincare. So keep checking back for updates, and let us know if you have any suggestions for products you'd like to see in stock.
- All of our products are 100% Vegan (in case the website name didn't give it away) and never tested on animals. If they don't have a certification, we always check them out ourselves, so you don't have to worry.
- We want to support other ethically minded businesses, so we always try to order our supplies from companies with a similar ethos.
- Our bank, phone and internet services come from the Co-operative and Green-net.
- It's important to us that our postage process is as ecofriendly as possible. Check out the Delivery Page for more info.
- We want to try and use the store to help in as many ways as it can, so we'll be donating 10% of all the profits from our online store to animal friendly charities. Our current charities are: